I found a great recipe for White Chicken Chili here at RecipeZaar and decided to try it for dinner tonight. I threw everything in the crock before I left for work this afternoon so that by the time I get home it will be ready and waiting for me. My mother has already called me to tell me that the house is starting to smell yummy already and it isn’t even halfway done yet! I am really hoping it tastes as good and my mom says it smells!
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans or navy beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy or white corn
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can of chopped green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- chopped green onion (optional)
- monterey jack cheese (optional)
- Place chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Top with beans and corn.
- In a medium bowl, combine taco seasoning, chiles, condensed soup, and chicken broth. Pour over top of ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Before serving, stir gently to break up chicken, then stir in the sour cream.
- Serve topped with green onions and jack cheese, if desired.